Friday, February 8, 2013

Sick

The past month we have all taken turns being sick. First, Adam got the stomach flu and was down for two whole days. This would not be a big deal except it was the second week of school and he was just getting into his interviews. Thankfully he wasn't sick for any longer and was able to get back to school and internships quickly. The next week I started to get a stuffy nose and sore throat. I wasn't in too bad of shape though.

Jane, however, was also getting a stuffy nose at around the same time. It would all run into her throat, which would make her cough. I looked into someone her age getting a cough and called her pediatrician. They asked if she was acting sick, and I didn't feel like she was. They said to just monitor her closely and call if anything changed. Later that day her cough got worse to the point where she was trying to cough up mucus and sometimes would almost gag because of it. That night she didn't sleep well. This led me to call the pediatrician again to schedule on appointment just to make sure everything was alright. When we got her appointment, we found out that Jane had RSV. Fortunately, Jane was still eating well and getting enough oxygen, so we didn't have to take her to hospital. However, there wasn't much that we could do for her except just let it fun it's course. They did give her a breathing treatment to help her breathe. We just had to suffer through her horrible coughs and try to keep her nose cleared to help out. It was so sad seeing her sick. Luckily, everyone is doing better now. Jane still has a little cough. We hope that we stay well the rest of the year!

This was taken not too long after coming home form the hospital. I just wanted to include a cute picture!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you guys have been sick! We've had a little crud passing back and forth between TJ and I, but Jake was spared the worst...until today when he got a little cough. I'll have to keep an eye on it :( It's so hard when you know they aren't feeling well!

    ReplyDelete