Sunday, September 4, 2011

On the Road Again!

DAY 15!

Today we left Pittsburgh. We both had mixed emotions about leaving the beautiful city. This place is a part of Adam and he absolutely loves being here. For me, I have grown to love the city, as well as Adam. it has shown me part of him that I would have never been able to see otherwise. It amazes me how much I grew to love over the course of only one week. On the other hand, it's not home. We have been away from our home for 2 weeks now and I am really feeling it. As much as I like being on the road, there really is no place like home. As much as I do not want to spend hours upon hours in car, it is what we have to do to get home. So here we go!

Above and below are pictures from the balcony of our hotel room. It was a beautiful sight! 

One reason I like this picture so much is because it shows how the neighborhoods are in Pittsburgh.... very different from Arizona.

Our day started out with packing and leaving. Then we drove. All. Day. We got to drive through a ton of different states: West Virginia (just a tiny bit of it), Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and just into Missouri. They are all pretty small states so it wan't terrible, but it was being in the car all day. But after driving all day, we got to our destination for the night, St. Louis. We also got to see the Gateway Arch! It was so cool! We tried to stop and walk around it, but couldn't find anywhere to park that was free. (We didn't have any cash on us. Smart, I know!) We eventually gave up and just went to our hotel room. This hotel room was pretty darn big! I felt like it was almost as big as our entire apartment! Anyway, we didn't have a microwave so we went looking for a place to eat. We found Penn Station East Coast Subs. It was good, not as good as the food in Pittsburgh, but it was good. After that we just enjoyed not being in the car while being on our way home!



No comments:

Post a Comment