Adam and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary on March 12. Holy cow has 2 years flown by! To celebrate, we went down to the valley and stayed with my parents. We left Wednesday of Spring Break . That was mostly packing, cleaning, traveling, and relaxing. Thursday Adam and I went to the temple while my mom watched Jane. I love going to the temple and being able to refocus my life and feel closer to my Heavenly Father. I especially love going for our anniversary because it gives the opportunity to remember our sealing and the special day that it was for us. That night we went out to eat at Chile's (Adam was wanting steak) and then headed straight over to the Easter Pageant. It had been a few years since seeing it and I loved that it reminded me of Christ and His life. Friday we spent most of the day in downtown Phoenix at the Science Center. We had so much fun! It was a little bit more difficult having Jane with us, but I love being able to spend time as a family. Because it was a Friday, there were a lot of kids there on field trips, so we weren't able to try out some of the more fun exhibits, but we still had a blast!
 |
| A map of the valley (Adam really likes cities and stuff, hence him studying city planning) |
Friday night we went with my family to a semi-new restaurant called Zuppas. They serve gourmet salads, sandwiches and soups, but in a more casual, modern setting. It was delicious! I recommend it to anyone!
Saturday was the day that we were heading home. We went with my sister to a boutique that was happening close by where they sold so many cute clothes and headbands for Jane, decorations, and other cool knick-knacks. We didn't get anything because were college students and don't have a lot of spare income. Then we packed up and started home. We decided to go home through Cottonwood and Sedona/Oak Creek Canyon because it had been a while since driving through that area. We stopped for dinner at a delicious pizza restaurant in Cottonwood and then finally made it back home.
Jane did really well through the whole weekend. We really are blessed to have such a good baby! I am so thankful for my family, for Adam and for Jane. I am thankful that we were sealed in the temple. I can't wait for all the years to come for our family!
I love that picture of you two with the mustaches! Glad you had a fun weekend!
ReplyDelete